Difference between revisions of "The Bitter Truth"
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
''Wasted on You'' is the first music video from the album and was shot by the band themselves on their iPhones.<ref name=woy /> A second official video
''Wasted on You'' is the first music video from the album and was shot by the band themselves on their iPhones.<ref name=woy /> A second official video put together with fan clips sent on TikTok.<ref name=WOYtiktok />
Revision as of 10:47, 28 May 2020
|The Bitter Truth|
|Studio album by Evanescence|
|Recorded||January - February 2020; Rock Falcon Studio, Nashville, TN|
|Label||Evanescence under exclusive license to BMG Rights Management (US) LLC|
|The Bitter Truth está disponible en español. Ver el artículo
Το άρθρο The Bitter Truth είναι διαθέσιμο στα ελληνικά. Δείτε το άρθρο
The Bitter Truth è disponibile in italiano. Vedi l'articolo
The Bitter Truth está disponível em português. Ver o artigo
Amy confirmed that the new music will go back to its rock roots and that they've got some ideas in the bank, including previous songs that didn't make it to the self-titled record and Synthesis. There is currently no confirmed release date, but there is intention to release the new music in 2020.
After releasing 2017's Synthesis, Amy said the next album would go raw and focus on the band. Later, she confirmed that the new songs are in a "place that’s even more raw", adding they are "all different" from each other.
In a interview with Rock Sound in May 2020, Amy discussed the album's sound:
Recording Process & In the Studio
The band recorded the first four songs with Nick Raskulinecz at his studio, Rock Falcon Studio, on January 20th and concluded on February 5th. One of those will be released as a single. They will work with another producer on songs in the vein of The Open Door and "electronic, weird, mid-tempo world." Amy said she wants to release songs over the course of 2020 and in the end the full album will be released.
No orchestra was recorded for some of the songs from the album, with Amy saying "that's not because we couldn't get together with one because of the [COVID-19] pandemic!" Instead of strings, electronics (such as synthesizers, arpeggiators and sound effects) were used.
Album title and artwork
In a interview in May 2020, Amy explained the album title:
|[In the lyrics] there's a big theme of disillusionment for me. Just growing up and seeing that fairy tales aren't really real. And it's hard to be a grownup — it really is. Because somebody else isn't in charge, we really have to be able to make our own decisions, find out our own information, protect ourselves. People die — we're all going to. There's no magic castle. So that sounds like a lot of doom and gloom when I say it, but there's a choice to accept that truth and live in it and embrace it and choose to live and choose to live in a moment, and the choice to just give up. And there's a struggle there, but my choice is most definitely to take that pill.|
Wasted on You was the first single that was released digitally on April 24th. The official music video premiered on YouTube later that same day. It wasn't originally planned to be the first song, but after the COVID-19 pandemic, the band decided to release it first saying "the feeling and meaning [changed] of what we wanted to say right now."
- "¡Entrevista antes del desastre! Amy Lee de @Evanescence" (in Spanish). December 10, 2019.
- KaaosTV (June 13, 2017). "Evanescence Interview @ The Rockfest". YouTube.
- "K!1694: Code Orange – Surviving Rock's Violent New Reality". October 24, 2017. Kerrang!
- Titus, Christa (December 16, 2019). "Amy Lee on 'The Chain' Cover and Next Evanescence Album: 'We're Definitely in the Mood to Rock'". Billboard.
- Lee, Amy (November 21, 2019). "I am Amy Lee from Evanescence, our new song “The Chain (from Gears 5)” is out tonight! AMA". Reddit.
- Law, Sam (October 2017). "Symphonic Possession". Kerrang! (1694): 24–27. ISSN 0262-6624. https://evthreads.proboards.com/thread/2472/symphonic-possession-kerrang-issue-1694.
- "Amy Lee: New Evanescence Songs Are “Going To A Place That’s Even More Raw”". Kerrang!. May 6, 2020. https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/amy-lee-new-evanescence-songs-are-going-to-a-place-thats-even-more-raw/.
- "Rock Sound: Evanescence's Amy Lee Talks 'Wasted On You' & New Album 'The Bitter Truth' - Video Call". YouTube. May 8, 2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOFLRgIqk0s.
- "Interview with Amy Lee (Evanescence)" (in Russian). radioultra.ru. December 20, 2019. https://radioultra.ru/news/intervyu-s-emi-li-evanescence.
- "Evanescence Interview". Harddrive Hotline. February 21, 2020. https://www.spreaker.com/user/harddrivedl/hddl0165.
- Meredith, Kyle (January 22, 2020). "Kyle Meredith with... Evanescence". YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pe9FdhOA2o.
- Ghosh, Devarsi (May 9, 2020). "Evanescence’s Amy Lee on their new album: ‘Good if some songs go off the rails a little bit’". Scroll.in. https://scroll.in/article/961166/evanescences-amy-lee-on-their-new-album-good-if-some-songs-go-off-the-rails-a-little-bit.
- "【ICRT Reaching Out】Amy Lee｜Evanescence Interview". YouTube. May 22, 2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMzE7zAVURA.
- "We promised you a new album in 2020 and we won’t let anything stop us. We are proud to begin sharing our new album ‘THE BITTER TRUTH’ with you". Twitter. April 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/evanescence/status/1251180922046517248.
- "Listen To EVANESCENCE's New Single 'Wasted On You'". Blabbermouth. April 24, 2020. https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen-to-evanescences-new-single-wasted-on-you/.
- "On a Mon we lost our minds & started a TikTok account, Cara de tonto calling all fans to help us create the official WOY fan video!". Twitter. May 20, 2020. https://twitter.com/evanescence/status/1263181934806446081.