Dream Too Much
|Dream Too Much|
|Studio album by Amy Lee|
September 30, 2016 (Amazon) |
November 9, 2018 (Apple Music & Spotify)
|Recorded||2016; Spaceway Productions|
|Label||Amy Lee Music|
|Producer||Will B. Hunt|
|Amy Lee chronology|
|Singles from Dream Too Much|
|Dream Too Much está disponible en español. Ver el artículo
Το άρθρο Dream Too Much είναι διαθέσιμο στα ελληνικά. Δείτε το άρθρο
Dream Too Much è disponibile in italiano. Vedi l'articolo
Dream Too Much está disponível em português. Ver o artigo
Dream Too Much is a children's album by Amy Lee that was released exclusively through Amazon on September 30, 2016. The album is available digitally and on CD and was released under Amy's own label: Amy Lee Music.
The bass player on the album, Jeremy Hull, posted to Facebook that he'd been working with Amy Lee on "her upcoming kids' album" on April 15, 2016. The post was taken down some hours later as the album hadn't yet been announced by Amy.
The album was officially announced on August 17, 2016 through an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone. The pre-order link was posted confirming that there will be twelve tracks and the official audio for the self-titled single was released on YouTube at the same time.
The album was originally going to feature four or five tracks as a sixtieth birthday present for Amy's father, John Lee. But then Amy's manager approached her about an opportunity from Amazon to make a children's album, and Amy accepted as they had already begun the project.
Concept and recording
With inspiration from her two-year-old son Jack, the album started as a studio-time present to her father, a guitar player and one-time Gong Show champion, who always played music in the Lee home.
|Dad has always been talking about making some kid songs for Jack to have later in life. [My husband suggested,] 'You guys should just do it, get in the studio together, you've never been in the studio together, you're both musicians.'|
Lee and her father joined forces in Fort Worth, Texas, for a few sessions that promptly grew into a project that enveloped much of her family. Her dad played ukulele, dobro and banjo; Lee teamed with sisters Carrie and Lori for some Andrews Sisters–style harmonies; her uncle Tom plays guitar, bass and harmonica; and her son Jack even makes a cameo.
|We've been saying, even if we're the only ones who ever heard it ... it was worth it because it means so much to us as a family and we love it. So, I'm very proud of it and it was very fulfilling to be able to do that together. ... I'm always looking for ways that I can expand myself creatively and this was a surprise. This kind of came out of a very random place and a very pure place. It was just for ourselves and it turned into something really beautiful.|
Release and Promotion
The album was released exclusively through Amazon and is available on digital and CD formats. In 2018, the album was added to Spotify and Apple Music.
|1.||"Stand By Me" (Ben E. King cover)||Ben E. King, Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller||Will B. Hunt||2:18|
|2.||"Dream Too Much"||Amy Lee, Lori Lee||Will B. Hunt||3:05|
|3.||"Bee and Duck"||Amy Lee||Will B. Hunt||0:36|
|4.||"I'm Not Tired"||Amy Lee, Lori Lee||Will B. Hunt||2:15|
|5.||"Little Bird"||Amy Lee, John Lee||Will B. Hunt||3:23|
|6.||"Alice"||Amy Lee||Will B. Hunt||0:47|
|7.||"Rubber Duckie" (Sesame Street cover)||Jeff Moss||Will B. Hunt||2:08|
|8.||"Hello, Goodbye" (The Beatles cover)||John Lennon, Paul McCartney||Will B. Hunt||2:59|
|9.||"Donkey and Chicken"||Amy Lee||Will B. Hunt||1:23|
|10.||"The End of the Book"||Amy Lee, Lori Lee, John Lee, Josh Hartzler||Will B. Hunt||2:58|
|11.||"If You're a Star"||Amy Lee, John Lee, Josh Hartzler||Will B. Hunt||2:56|
|12.||"Goodnight My Love" (Jesse Belvin cover)||George Motola, John Marascalco||Will B. Hunt||2:43|
- Amy Lee - vocals, keys, mallet percussion and harp
- John Lee - vocals, ukulele, guitar, banjo and dobro
- Lori Lee Bulloch and Carrie Lee - vocals
- Tom Lee - guitar, bass, harmonica and vocals
- Will B. Hunt - drums and percussion, producer, engineer, mixing
- Jeremy Hull - bass
- Dave Eggar - cello
- Additional vocals on Hello, Goodbye by Robby Lee and Jack Lion Hartzler
- Reese Murphy - additional engineering
- Don Grossinger - mastering
- Album cover by Caitlin Larson based on artwork by Amy Lee
Amy Lee's thanks in the album booklet:
|Having a dream is just the beginning, and I want to give a very special thanks to all of the wonderful, hard working people who helped it come true.
Thank you Steve Boom, Griff Morris, Chris Graham, Jamie Fullen, Mary Tastet, Caitlin Larson, Kate Scarpa & everyone at Amazon for your amazing support!
Thank you Jordan Berliant, Jodi Emond, Corey Crossfield, Mark Gorlick, Michelle McAdams, Will Botwin and everyone at Revelation and Red Light management. Thank you for believing in me and encouraging me and doing all the many things you do to make it happen! I also want to thank Steve Baron and Rick Mozenter. I'm so proud of my team. Thank you Will Hunt for your brilliant production, for bringing our sound to life and for your sincere, true friendship (you too, Tab!) A big thank you to my whole family, for making me who I am and inspiring this album. I am so grateful to have such big, strong, music-filled roots, and so much support. Thank you Mimi for inspiring me to play the piano, and paint, and for coming to the studio to listen! Thank you Josh for empowering and enabling me to make music I love and raise our sweet boy at the same time. And most of all, thanks to my baby Jackie. You inspire me every single day, and this music is all for you. I love you!
Buy/Stream Dream Too Much
- Weingarten, Christopher R. (August 17, 2016). "Evanescence’s Amy Lee Details Kids Album ‘Dream Too Much’". Rolling Stone.
- "AMY LEE - "Dream Too Much" Official Audio". YouTube.
- "Interview with Amy Lee of Evanescence". AXS. August 31, 2016. Archived from the original on September 1, 2016. http://web.archive.org/web/20160901145554/http://www.axs.com/interview-with-amy-lee-of-evanescence-105712#slide=1.
- "AMY LEE - "Dream Too Much" EPK". August 17, 2016. YouTube.
- "Evanescence’s Amy Lee Opens up About Motherhood, the Children’s Album Her Toddler Helped Her Write, and Prepping for Tour". September 9, 2016. Rockmommy.
- Lee, Amy (November 9, 2018). "So happy to announce that DREAM TOO MUCH, The super fun kids album I made with my dad, uncle, sisters and brother (and even Jack!) is now available on @Spotify and @AppleMusic". Twitter.
- "Currently at Spaceway... Upright Bass for Amy Lee and the gang.". April 15, 2016. Instagram.