Bring Me the Horizon
|Bring Me the Horizon está disponible en español. Ver el artículo
Το άρθρο Bring Me the Horizon είναι διαθέσιμο στα ελληνικά. Δείτε το άρθρο
Bring Me the Horizon è disponibile in italiano. Vedi l'articolo
Bring Me the Horizon está disponível em português. Ver o artigo
Bring Me the Horizon (often abbreviated as BMTH) are a British rock band formed in Sheffield in 2004. The group consists of lead vocalist Oliver Sykes, guitarist Lee Malia, bassist Matt Kean, drummer Matt Nicholls and keyboardist Jordan Fish. They are signed to RCA Records globally and Columbia Records exclusively in the United States.
BMTH ripped off the verses of Evanescence's song Never Go Back on their song nihilist blues (featuring Grimes) off their sixth album, amo, released in January 2019. It is unknown whether Evanescence sued BMTH over copyright, but it was only in 2020 that Evanescence were credited as writers on nihilist blues. However, vocalist Oliver later revealed that the band was sued by Evanescence for ripping off Never Go Back, and that they agreed to share songwriting credits with Evanescence on their song. He said after the suit Evanescence's management got in touch with him about Amy wanting to collaborate with them.
Oliver Sykes cleared up on Twitter that it wasn't true when he said his band was sued by Evanescence. He went on saying that both bands' managers exchanged words and songwriting credits were offered to Evanescence. Amy also cleared up the misunderstanding:
|On the internet, people were talking about that part of the song sounding extremely close to a melody in one of our songs. They then contacted us and said: ‘We want to make this right’, and offered me a writing credit which I wasn’t even asking for. Have you ever heard of such a thing?! It made me respect them more and go and listen to all their music which my drummer [Will Hunt] had already turned me onto earlier because he’s a big fan. That conversation ended with us saying we should collaborate sometime.”|
On October 14, 2020, it was announced that Amy Lee is featured on the song One Day the Only Butterflies Left Will Be in Your Chest as You March Towards Your Death off their nine-track fourth EP titled POST HUMAN: SURVIVAL HORROR, which was released on October 30, 2020.
On November 6, 2020, they released a 13-minute documentary offering insights into the making of the aforementioned EP. It features input from Amy Lee explaining how she came to guest on the EP.
On December 8, 2020, they released a behind the scenes video of their collaboration with Amy. Watch it here.
- Count Your Blessings (2006)
- Suicide Season (2008)
- There Is a Hell Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven Let's Keep It a Secret. (2010)
- Sempiternal (2013)
- That's the Spirit (2015)
- Amo (2019)
- "Bring Me The Horizon - nihilist blues (Lyric Video) ft. Grimes". YouTube. January 24, 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwzfR7-33Wc.
- Mohler, Jordan (June 12, 2019). "Bring Me The Horizon Ripped Off These Artists for 'amo'". Kill The Music. https://killthemusic.net/blog/bring-me-the-horizon-ripped-off-these-artists-for-amo.
- "Credits / amo / Bring Me The Horizon / nihilist blues". Tidal. https://listen.tidal.com/album/102519387/credits.
- Trendell, Andrew (October 30, 2020). "Bring Me The Horizon: “I’m like everyone else: confused, scared and angry”". NME. https://www.nme.com/big-reads/bring-me-the-horizon-cover-interview-2020-post-human-survival-horror-2804768.
- Sykes, Oliver (October 30, 2020). "And i have to clear something up! When i said @evanescence sued the band over nihilist blues...". Twitter. https://twitter.com/olobersyko/status/1322219021018812417.
- Trendell, Andrew (March 19, 2021). "Evanescence’s Amy Lee shares the “powerful and cool” true story of her Bring Me The Horizon writing credit". NME. https://www.nme.com/news/music/evanescence-amy-lee-bring-me-the-horizon-nihilist-blues-never-go-back-sued-powerful-true-story-2904184.
- Carter, Emily (October 14, 2020). "BMTH Announce Post Human: Survival Horror EP Featuring BABYMETAL, Amy Lee". Kerrang!. https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/bmth-announce-post-human-survival-horror-ep-featuring-babymetal-and-amy-lee/.
- Carter, Emily (November 11, 2020). "Watch: Go Inside The Making Of Bring Me The Horizon's Post Human: Survival Horror EP". Kerrang!. https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/watch-go-inside-the-making-of-bring-me-the-horizons-post-human-survival-horror-ep/.