|Your Love está disponible en español. Ver el artículo
Το άρθρο Your Love είναι διαθέσιμο στα ελληνικά. Δείτε το άρθρο
Your Love è disponibile in italiano. Vedi l'articolo
Your Love está disponível em português. Ver o artigo
Your Love is an unreleased song. It was written and performed by Amy Lee at the NMPA (National Music Publishers Association) meeting in New York after she received the 2008 Songwriter Icon Award by NMPA. It was also performed by Amy and Terry Balsamo at the 2009 Legends & Lyrics concert in Nashville. The song is described as being about love that cannot work.
Amy Lee on the song, from an interview with Brazilian newspaper Folha de S.Paulo in October 2009:
|I call this song "Your Love". It is not a good synthesis of the album. But it's great. It was one of the first songs I wrote for the new album.|
She further talked about the song in a Rockline Radio interview on October 17, 2011:
|"Your Love" was a song that Tim and I wrote together, um originally for a soundtrack that didn't work out. Um, but yeah there's no place you can buy it right now, um but hopefully in the future we'll be able to do something with it. I think it's a real cool song, right now it is just a B-side.|
In an interview with Mexican magazine Grita concerning the Evanescence album, she stated:
|It's a song that hasn't been professionally recorded. I have a demo at home but we didn't record it for the album because it's something different, it has a different feeling that was not for this album. It's a great song and I will definitely record it at some point.|
Although Legends & Lyrics was originally intended to be aired during Fall 2009, the show and the song remain unaired and unreleased to date. In July 2010, Legends & Lyrics released a thirty second clip of Your Love.
In a fansite interview in September 2012, Amy said that it's up to L&L to release the song since they own the recording, adding she hoped they would just upload it to YouTube.
In January 2015, Tim's wife accidentally uploaded a short video on Instagram of their daughter Maddie listening to the demo of Your Love. This version features piano, guitar, and drums. Watch here.
During a Q&A on Amy's Facebook on February 29, 2016, she was asked by a fan if the song would ever be released. This was her answer:
|You know what, I gotta be honest, that song is just ok! You write a lot of songs and at the time, the most recent one is always your favorite. I had my moment with Your Love but then I wrote a couple of other songs that were similar but better and just kind of moved on! Not saying you'll never hear it but you're not missing too much.|
In 2017, L&L stated it would release Amy's episode due to high fan interest, and Amy was asked about it in a interview:
|I have heard a rumor that Legends and Lyrics is planning on releasing the performance we did with Your Love on it, so if they do that would be cool! I don’t control it – if I did, I would’ve done it myself. But it’s kind of funny coming out now because it was so long ago! My hair was chopped off, it was in 2009 or 2010. So we’ll see! It would be nice to watch it actually; I’d like to see it again.|
Your Love [Demo][note 1]
- Recording date: Unknown
- Status: Unreleased
- Length: Unknown
Your Love [Live]
- Performing date: June 2008
- Status: Unreleased
- Performed at: NMPA Meeting, New York
Your Love [Acoustic]
- Performing date: February 23, 2009
- Status: Unreleased
- Performed at: Legends & Lyrics, Nashville, Tennessee
- Length: Unknown
Wait forever for your love
Make believe that we're the only ones
Holding on to whispers of your love
All we are is a dream beyond the dawn
- Amy said that she has an early demo on her laptop.
- Butler, Susan (June 10, 2008). "NMPA Honors Amy Lee, Sen. Leahy". Billboard.biz. Archived from the original on August 22, 2009. http://web.archive.org/web/20090822170813/http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3ifd5bab0845dffef8167ffd4e1a4773d7. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "Amy Lee Plays Legends And Lyrics". UpVenue.com. February 27, 2009. http://www.upvenue.com/music-news/blog-headline/1032/amy-lee-legends-and-lyrics.html. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Bercito, Diogo (October 19, 2009). "The music is darker than life" (in Portuguese). Folha de S.Paulo. https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/fsp/folhatee/fm1910200909.htm. Retrieved November 6, 2019.
- "Evanescence - Rockline Radio Interview 2011". YouTube. August 11, 2013. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpFi2SvAgEY. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Evanescence: It's not only Amy... it's a band" (in Spanish). Grita (81). December 2011. http://evanescencerockbrasil.blogspot.com/2011/11/scans-evanescence-na-revista-grita.html.
- Mitchell, Nancy (September 9, 2013). "Update on Legends & Lyrics". Legendsandlyrics.com. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20131203053344/http://www.legendsandlyrics.com/news/83. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- "Legends & Lyrics - Videos". Legendsandlyrics.com. July 2010. Archived from the original on September 22, 2010. http://web.archive.org/web/20100922182156/http://legendsandlyrics.com/videos. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "Entrevista Exclusiva Com Amy Lee" (in Portuguese). AmyLeeBrasil.com. September 5, 2012. Archived from the original on March 4, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130304222751/http://www.amyleebrasil.com/2012/09/entrevista-exclusiva-com-amy-lee/.
- Listen here.
- McCord, Tim (July 6, 2014). "it's not a leak, it's a live bootleg". Twitter. https://twitter.com/Tim_McCord/status/485990738308497408. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- Lee, Amy (February 29, 2016). "You know what, I gotta be honest...". Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/AmyLeeOfficial/posts/1151111078273994?comment_id=1021208057946974&reply_comment_id=1244557012224617.
- Oswald, Derek (March 26, 2017). "Amy Lee on Artistic Freedom and New Music". AltWire. https://www.altwire.net/2017/03/26/altwire-interview-amy-lee-2/.